An astrologer I read regularly on the web has said that in two hundred years we will have moved beyond the printed word. That means this whole blogging concept will become obsolete. If print disappears, will life be as interesting as it is now?

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Words to Go

January 1, 2006

We live in interesting times.

Perhaps I should introduce myself. I am female way over the age of consent. In my life I have been a daughter, a friend, a cousin. I have been a student and love learning still.

I live in the Heart of Dixie. The climate is moderate. My natural surroundings are beautiful. I love animals, cats in particular, but dogs are nice, too. I love nature and movies and music (jazz, show tunes, some pop music of eras gone by) and some people. I love the ocean and the mountains, have yet to see the desert firsthand. And my soda of the moment is Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

I have gone to school long enough to get a Master's Degree in Library Science. And even worked as a librarian for over ten years (including the student work I did as a teenager). I have owned a small business (which went bust way before I was ready to give it up) and had some of the best months of my life working fourteen hour days.

I'm currently employed by a manufacturer of high voltage testing equipment. You could say I like to live dangerously. Others would say I play it too safe with my life. Both would be right.

My biggest challenge at this point in time: learning to live in the here and now. As life grows shorter, I find this to be of more value.

Do you think there will be a day when humans move beyond print? Do you think there will be day when animals -- say other primates -- move up to the printed word to communicate?

The purpose of my blog is to communicate. If you wish to comment, I ask only that you please refrain from cussing too much. Excess can be so boooorrrinnng.

Feel free to free associate. Amuse me, because I surely love to laugh. Talk seriously at me. Teach me something.

No comments: