An astrologer I read regularly on the web has said that in two hundred years we will have moved beyond the printed word. That means this whole blogging concept will become obsolete. If print disappears, will life be as interesting as it is now?

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Soap Operas


I am currently not watching AMC. On the other hand I am watching video clips of certain portions of AMC (commonly known as All My Children). The clips I view are those featuring two currently popular characters: Zach Slater played by Thorsten Kaye and Kendall Hart played by Alicia Minshew.

I post on several forums (which I sometimes refer to as bulletin boards) which have threads discussing these characters and their storylines on the venerable soap opera. We have heated discussions about the way the writers treat our favorite characters and how the writing often makes no sense. The characters are treated as carefully as living creatures. Such is the power of the word. The power of imagination.

I wonder if humans move beyond the printed word, will the spoken word also drift towards disappearance?

No comments: